3

SAL Update

Hi 🙂

SAL Update
2014-03-23 11.20.05

My previous posts on the Kantha Embroidery SAL

Kantha SAL Update
Kantha Embroidery SAL

Things I’m liking about this.
1.Stitches are simple, there is no looping or pulling the needle. No complicated bullions.
2.Neatness is the key, though mine is not neat, but I’m slowly coming to the conclusion Kantha is about evenness in the stitching.
3.The steady pace of the SAL. I’m not rushing to the next step. Taking this slowly is giving me lot of peace. If I had rushed to do the entire piece in 1-2 days timeframe, I’ll not be liking it as much as I’m liking it now.
Infact, I have taken a similar step in my other projects. Progress must be there, but I need not race against my duties/work to complete the work. Instead be patient and do it neatly. I would be more happy doing 1 neat project in a month than completing not so good 5 projects in the same time.

Cheers, see you real soon.

Sangheetha.

1

Kantha SAL Update

Hi All,
As I mentioned in the earlier post, I joined the Kantha SAL in artisticfingers

Here is my progress.
2014-03-17 10.08.10

My stitches are not as neat as I expected. But I hope with practice and more attention, my stitches will be more even and the stitch direction will be consisitent.
I traced the design in its actual size so it is slightly bigger than Anita’s sample.
Also I started to stitch with 3 strands and continuing with the same.

Once I complete this, I’ll redo the same with little more patience for a kurtha.

Thanks,
Bye
Sangheetha.

2

Upcycled !!

Hello All,

In the blog world, there is always a some fever..Christmas-New-year then Valentine’s day, then Spring/Summer/Winter crochet and so on.
So when there was Japanese flower fever, I made my own japanese flowers and made them to a garland.Blogged here

Japanese Flower Garland

Japanese Flower Garland

Naturally, the fever subsided and I removed the wall hanging after a while. It remained for years deep in the shelf and then I decided to do something.

I upcycled!!.Here is the upcycled version..

20140301_161742

I took sets of 2 flowers, stiched their petals together with little bit of stuffing. To add more color, I bought some wooden buttons painted them red and glued it to the centre of the flowers.

20140301_161903

I knotted them on a hanger. Initially I tried to crochet on the hanger with red yarn. It looked awful. Then decided to wind with red ribbon, but when I went to the shop, I found shiny red cellotape.
So I wound the hanger with red cellotape to give some look to it.

And here is the row of flowers in hanger.

20140301_161815

Cheers,
Sangheetha.