I seem to be hobbying as per Ravelry wish 🙂
There is always an “Along” happening in the Crafty Dozen forum and I tend to do hobby along the “Alongs”.
So when they said about “Embroidery-Along”, initially I was only concerned about my WIPS and decided I’ll use this opportunity to finish my WIP.
And so I did.
Here is the pic of Before and After.
The Full Set
And with that enthusiasm, I picked up one more design from Mridula’s Gallery. It is a phulkari design and I have never tried Phulkari or satin stitch before. So I traced the design and started.
The designs are geometrical and so they are quick to do. I finished the motifs and then started the mirrors.
Mirror stitch or the Shisha stitch is my altime favourite.
Wanna see, Here and Here and Here 😀
And here and here too
So then proceeded with Mirror stitch and finally the small filling stitches. It took more time than the original elements. They were short, so everytime knotting and finishing.( Not that I’m very neat but still to make the stitch firm we need to do these diligently).It took more time than expected and I finished it finally.
The colors I initially chose were White, Blue, Orange and Green. I misplaced the Orange and so I went ahead with Yellow. Even now I feel that Orange would have been better. But Now that I completed, there is no point in thinking about re-work.( Just for name sake, rework!!! I’ll never do. I’ll live with the max of my mistakes rather than reworking! )