This is my newly finished doily. After a long time, I made this doily mainly because I found something which I wanted to use it.
Well, I saw this doily pattern first here and in many other blogs. I wanted to try it in Anchor Knitting Cotton as it will give me a bigger doily than the usual Anchor size 20 crochet cotton. But in my locality or the nearby market where I shop I could not get the knitting cotton. So it was on my plan but on the backside.
One day, I saw this crochet thread
and decided that I will use this thread to make the doily.
I made mistake thinking that 1 bundle will be sufficient, I totally used up “3” bundles of crochet thread and the doily is now pretty big.Also I think there is a slight shade difference which I think is because I bought them on a week gap so may be from different lot or either I ironed those places very hot.
I gave a different edging to the doily other than what was in the pattern but I liked it this way.
Yes I did some mistakes but I have to console myself, there is no point in frogging and re-doing when the doily is so big. If I start frogging to correct every mistake then may be I would have never finished it.
I have decided to be more careful and read the pattern/instructions without any hurry.
Haste Makes Waste!!! I will slowly understand. 😦
So here is my pretty oval pineapple doily.
Pattern is from here.